The Mirfield Show Horse Show is one of the key competitions on showday and attracts riders from all across Yorkshire. Mirfield Family Agricultural Show is unique in the Yorkshire horse and pony calendar of events because, as well as having an agricultural heritage, it encourages children to get involved to make it a fantastic family day out.
Horse & Pony Show 2017
The event starts at 8.30am on Sunday 20th August 2017 in the main ring and is due to finish at 11.30am. There are rosettes for all winning riders and horses, plus an overall Best in Show Trophy.
Entry Registrations may be made by the Online Registration Form or by post and the closing date for online and postal entry registrations is 14th August 2017. Online and postal entries are £4 each. An Entry Registration is completed upon payment of the entry fee, which must be made by the closing date (or may be made after the closing date and on showday itself at the full price of £5 per entry).
Parking is available for horse boxes and trailers behind the trees on the showground itself. The Mirfield Show team recommend that you arrive and book in early. Entry Registration must be completed at least 15 minutes in advance of the class starting and it is recommended that Entry Registrations are completed before on show day before 8.45am.
Horse Show Classes 2017
- Class 1 – In Hand – Open to horses and ponies in best condition.
- Class 1a – In Hand – Open to Mountain and Moorland breeds of horse and pony
- (this class is for horses and ponies in best condition and in hand Mountain and Moorland breeds of horse and pony. Mountain and Moorland horses and ponies can enter both class 2 and class 2a and this class is open to all ages)
- Class 2 – Ridden horse class – horses exceeding 14-2 hh.
- Class 2a – Ridden pony class – ponies not exceeding 14 -2 hh.
- Class 3 – Open rider class – Bonny Pony and Handsome Horse
- Class 4 – Open to all – Bonny pony.
- Class 4a – Open to all – Handsome horse.
- Class 5 – Horse and Pony Show Championship
- (open to 1st and 2nd prize winners in each of the above classes)
Horse Show Rules 2017
Rules: 1) Closing date for all entry registrations is 14th August 2017. Entries may be accepted on the day if the class has not already been fully subscribed in advance. Entries (with appropriate insurance details) can be made on the online form or by writing to The Horse Secretary, Mirfield Agricultural Show Society, 51 Springfield Park, Mirfield WF14 9PE. The online entry fee is £4 per entry in advance via PayPal (or by cheque made payable to Mirfield Agricultural Show Society and sent to the address above), or £5 per entry to be paid on show day. 2) All entries must be booked in at the Information Point by 8.30am for Class 1 and by 9am for all other classes. 3) Current standard headgear MUST be worn, with the harness fastened at all times when mounted on the showground. 4). Classes may be combined or split, at the judge’s discretion. 5) Horses and ponies must remain in the allocated areas at all times and exhibitors must comply with guidance and instructions given by the judges and stewards. 6) No refunds will be given for withdrawals, except in the case of classes cancelled by the organisers (or otherwise at their discretion). 7) Entrants must be in possession of valid horse passports as appropriate. 8) All exhibitors must have valid and suitable third party liability insurance cover and are expected to have their own personal injury insurance. 9) Mirfield Agricultural Show Society, its staff or any person relating to the Society cannot take any responsibility for any loss or damage caused to people, animals or property whilst on the showground. 10) The judge’s decision is final.
Register Your Horse for 2017
Horse Show Results 2016
Horse Show Results 2015
Horse Show Results 2014
- Best condition in hand – Embers Rock n Rolla shown by Courtney Carter
- Mountain & Moorland in hand – Prince shown by Claudia Stead
- Riding pony not exceeding 14-2hh – Montcalm Maximillion by Lila Storey
- Riding horse exceeding 14-2hh – Freckled Warrior shown by Courtney Carter
- Novice rider – Tosca shown by Lucy Swallow
- Open rider – Freckled Warrior shown by Courtney Carter
- Bonny pony/handsome horse – Freckled Warrior shown by Courtney Carter
- Best in Show champion – Freckled Warrior shown by Courtney Carter
Horse Show Results 2013
- Best condition in hand – Quansboro Pride shown by Jane Appleton
- Mountain & Moorland in hand – Llynnelyg Lily shown by Jamie Lee Hanson
- Riding pony not exceeding 14-2hh – Quansboro Pride shown by Jane Appleton
- Riding horse exceeding 14-2hh – Meacham Metz shown by Linsay Hancock
- Family pony – Tiger Lily Blaze shown by Alex Askin
- Novice rider – Thistledown Royal Centenary shown by Milly Boulding
- Open rider – Meacham Metz shown by Linsay Hancock
- Bonny pony/handsome horse – Lily shown by Amelia Maud
- Best in Show champion – Meacham Metz shown by Linsay Hancock
Horse Show Results 2012
- Riding Pony not exceeding 14-2hh – Tiger Lily shown by Alex Askin
- Riding pony not exceeding 14-2hh – Woodrow Pride shown by Jacki Pryde
- Novice rider – Woodrow Pride shown by Charlotte Raistrick
- Open rider – Prince Oakdene shown by Chantelle Whiteley
- Bonny pony – Ciro Prince shown by Brianne Dawkins
- Handsome Horse – Herman shown by Diane Fowler
- Best condition in hand – Tiger Lily shown by Alex Askin
- Mountain and moorland in hand – Patsy shown by Charlotte Cooper
- Best in Show Champion – Tynbryn shown by Eleanor Howarth
Horse Show Results 2011
- Riding Pony not exceeding 14-2hh – Tiger Lily shown by Alex Askin
- Riding pony not exceeding 14-2hh – Woody shown by Jacki Pryde
- Novice rider – Tiger Lily shown by Alex Askin
- Open rider – Woody shown by Jacki Pryde
- Bonny pony – Price shown by Claudia Stead
- Handsome Horse – The Mighty Munch shown by Mandy Biglin
- Best condition in hand – Ruby shown by James Longbottom
- Mountain and moorland in hand – Ruby shown by James Longbottom
- Best in Show Champion – Tiger Lily shown by Alex Askin
Horse Show Results 2010
- Riding Pony not exceeding 14-2hh – Charlotte O.Donnel with Yealand Finale
- Riding pony not exceeding 14-2hh – Laura Preston with Meg
- Novice rider – Ellie Rae Dawson with High Bent Monarche
- Open rider – Laura Preston with Meg
- Bonny pony – Poppy Sidebottom with Angus
- Best condition in hand – Chantelle Whitely with Foryd Welsh Director
- Mountain and moorland in hand – Charlotte O.Donnel with Yealand Finale
Horse Show Results 2009
- Tack and Turnout – Chantelle Whiteley with Prince
- Riding Pony – Nianh Boulding with Thistledown Royal Centenary
- Riding Horse – Gemma Alderson with Justy Murphy II
- Open Rider – Care Johnson with Sullyman
- Novice Rider – Jackie Pearson with Woody
- Bonny Pony – Bob Baker with Dobbin
- Best in Show Champion – Sullyman shown by Care Johnson