Everything you need to know about visiting Mirfield Show on the day in one easy to view day guide – including running orders, how to get there and ticket prices.
Quick View Day Guide 2017
This year Mirfield Show welcomed not one, but two headline acts to entertain the crowds – and something extra special.
The first is the Band of West Yorkshire Fire and Rescue Service – Yorkshire’s premier ‘Military Style’ concert band based just around the corner in Birkenshaw. Having previously played high profile events including for the Queen and members of the Royal Family as well as events all over the world. We are delighted they will be playing at this year’s Mirfield Show. The band proudly represents one of the national emergency services and boast over 30 musicians from all walks of life. The band’s chairman Kevin Fisher MBE is a former Station Commander at Mirfield Fire Station.
The second is Pedal Power vs. Parkour – the only show of its kind in the UK. The display combines the incredible skill, balance and power of a trial rider with the finesse of a gymnast and parkour athlete. Both athletes will be putting it all on the line in an attempt to become the crowds’ favourite! Both athletes will perform all the latest tricks you have only ever seen on the internet, pushing the limits of what’s physically possible. This all-out stunt show is an exciting, heart-stopping performance that is sure to impress all ages.
Also in the main arena there was the Horse & Pony Show, the ATC Marching Band, our Guest Opener, the Katie Philpott Dancers, the Children’s Fancy Dress Competition, the Sarah Sutton Dancers, the Children’s Races and the ever-popular Mirfield Show Tug-of-War, plus a few surprises.
Plus even more around the showground there is an Under 5s Soft Play Area, Yorkshire Regiment Shooting, Kirklees Youth Van, Shoufukan Japanese Arts, Owl Display, Mirfield Fire Engine, Donkey Rides, Bee Display & Skep Making, Dry Stone Walling, Children’s Rides, Budokai Martial Arts, Archery, Yorkshire Police Display, Jersey & Highland Cattle, Pinxton Puppets, Baby Changing Facilities, Family Yorkshire Games, Bouncy Castles & Slides, Army Cadets,Ferret Racing, Grange Moor Brass Band, Steam Loco, Mini Farm Yard, Wise Old Owl, Birds Of Prey Display, Walking Stick Demo, plus much more.
Timetable of Events 2017
|07:30||Domestic and Children’s Exhibits Open||Marquee|
|07:30||Flower & Vegetable Exhibit Entries Open||Marquee & Info|
|08:30||Showground Gates Open|
|08:30||Horse & Pony Show Starts||Main Ring|
|10:00||Exhibit Judging Begins||Marquee|
|10:30||Stalls & Attractions Open|
|11:00||Rockwood Pony Club Display||Main Ring|
|11:00||Music Stage Open|
|11:30||Welly Wanging||School Grounds|
|11:45||ATC Marching Band||Main Ring|
|12:00||Welcome Speech||Main Ring|
|12:00||Fun Dog Show Begins||School Grounds|
|12:00||Mini Olympics||School Grounds|
|12:15||West Yorkshire Fire and Rescue Band||Main Ring|
|12:45||Katie Philpott Dancers||Main Ring|
|13:00||Children’s Fancy Dress Competition||Main Ring|
|13:15||Pedal Power vs Parkour||Main Ring|
|13:45||Tug-of-War Semis||Main Ring|
|14:00||Domestic, Flower & Veg Presentations||Marquee|
|14:20||Hula Hoop Competition||School Grounds|
|14:15||West Yorkshire Fire and Rescue Band||Main Ring|
|14:30||Banana Eating Competition||School Grounds|
|14:30||Baby Show||Top Hat|
|14:45||Sutton School of Performing Arts||Main Ring|
|15:00||Fancy Dress Pooch Parade||Main Ring|
|15:30||Pedal Power vs Parkour||Main Ring|
|16:00||ATC Marching Band||Main Ring|
|16:10||Tug of War Finals||Main Ring|
|16:30||Closing Speech||Main Ring|
|16:30||Clear Up Begins – All Welcome To Join In.|
Music Stage Running Order 2017
|11:00 – 11:30||Emma Haley|
|11:45 – 12:30||Thee Wylde Fuzz Show|
|12:45 – 13:15||Tom & James|
|13:30 – 14:15||Coda Band|
|14:30 – 15:15||Elastic Waste|
|15:30 – 16:00||Jake Frood|
|16:15 – 17:00||The Old fools|
Times are subject to change – and the running order may run early or late.
Tickets & Prices 2017
- Children (accompanied & under 16 years) – FREE
- Adult Advance Tickets – £3.50
- Adult Showday Tickets – £5.00 at the gate
- No Concessions
Dogs Welcome 2017
Dogs are welcome into the showground as long they are kept under control at all times and any mess cleaned up. Animals are not allowed in any marquee or enclosed area.
Showground Plan Guide 2017
Location & Getting There 2016
Showground: Mirfield Showground, Huddersfield Road (A644), Mirfield, Yorkshire, WF14 9NE
Park & Ride Car Park: Castle Hall Academy, Richard Thorpe Ave, Mirfield, Yorkshire WF14 9PH
Exhibitor Parking: Cricket Club, Huddersfield Road, Mirfield, West Yorkshire WF14 9DL
There is NO parking on Mirfield Showground – except for those vehicles issued with permits before the day. These permits must be clearly displayed in the windscreen to gain access via the vehicle gate from Huddersfield Road.
Free Mirfield Show Bus Service 2017
FREE Park & Ride Route : From Castle Hall School car park to Mirfield Showground Main Gates and back again – every 10 minutes from 10am to 4.40pm – subject to traffic conditions.
FREE Circular Bus Route :
From Mirfield Showground via Huddersfield Road, North Road, Shillbank Lane, Flash Lane, Dunbottle Lane, Greenside Road, Old Bank Road, Water Royd Lane, Knowl Road, Huddersfield Road to Mirfield Showground. (This service will observe all normal bus stops along the route). Bus provided by Dewsbury Bus Museum and unfortunately will not be accessible by wheelchairs or prams. Every hour from 10am to 4pm- subject to traffic conditions.
Regular Buses To Mirfield Centre 2017
- 202/203 – Huddersfield – Mirfield – Dewsbury – Tingley – White Rose Centre – Leeds
- 205 – Dewsbury – Mirfield
- 221 – Leeds – Morley – Batley – Heckmondwike – Mirfield
- 253 – Bradford – Gomersal – Cleckheaton – Mirfield – Dewsbury – Wakefield
- 262 – Huddersfield – Waterloo – Kirkheaton – Mirfield – Dewsbury
- 278 – Halifax – Elland – Brighouse – Mirfield – Dewsbury – Wakefield
Subject to change by local bus operators and sunday operating hours.
Regular Train Services To Mirfield Station 2017
- Leeds – Morley – Batley – Dewsbury – Mirfield
- Huddersfield – Deighton – Mirfield
- Manchester – Moston – Mills Hill – Castleton – Rochdale – Smithy Bridge – Littleborough – Hebden Bridge – Mytholmroyd – Sowerby Bridge – Brightouse – Mirfield
- Selby – South Milford – Micklefield – East Garforth – Garforth – Cross Gates – Leeds – Bramley – New Pudsey – Bradford – Halifax – Brighouse – Huddersfield – Deighton – Mirfield
- London – Doncaster – Pontefract – Wakefield – Mirfield
Subject to change by local train operators sunday operating hours.
Mirfield Based Taxis 2017
- Station Cars – 1 Station Road, Mirfield, West Yorkshire, WF14 8LN – 01924 490490
- Mirfield Cars – 28 Calder Road, Mirfield,West Yorkshire, wF14 8PJ – 01924 490999
- Mirfield Central Cars – Hopton New Road, Mirfield, West Yorkshire, WF14 8NF – 01924 490000
Competition Quick Links 2017
- Stunt Show – Superfast West Yorkshire and York
- Marching Band – Riva Homes
- Baby Show – Nest Photography
- Skips – Squared Blue Containers
- Pinxton Puppets – Flooring 4 You of Mirfield
- Children’s Fancy Dress – Wakefield Grammar School Foundation
- Mini Farm – Syngenta
- PA System – James Walker Properties
- Giant Deck Chair – Maze8
- Facilities – Jewsons
- Vegetables and Flowers – Grace Landscapes
- Tug of War Competition – Ossett Brewery Taverns & Pub Co
- Children’s Domestics – Mirfield Community Centre
- Brass Band – Tax Assist Accountants of Mirfield
- Threshing Machine – Wilcock & Co
- Handicrafts – Fabricate, Roberttown
- Horse & Pony Show – Hird Partners LLP Veterinary Surgeons
- Creative Writing – Charlotte’s Jersey Ice Cream Parlour of Whitley
- Soft Play – Charles & Marieke Haigh and Family
- Family Games and Children’s Races – Malcolm Sandwith
- Domestics Competitions – Louise Hardy
- Banana Eating Competition – Asda
- Website – My Mirfield and Mirfield Marketing
- Tripe Eating – Ramsden’s Butchers of Mirfield
- Fun Dog Show – Healthy Option Pet Food
For the collective good of all visitors, volunteers and animals – when purchasing a ticket to attend the Mirfield Show, or entering the showground on showday, members of the public do so on the understanding that the following policies must be followed:
- Children must be supervised at all times.
- Anti-social behaviour will not be tolerated.
- Smoking is not allowed in any marquee or enclosed area.
- Animals are not allowed in any marquee or enclosed area.
- Pets must be under control at all times, and any mess cleaned up.
- Loud noises are not permitted around the ring or other animals.
- Bikes or cycles are not allowed around the showground.
- Vehicles and bikes parked are done so at the owners risk.
- You are advised to you wash your hands after handling animals.
- Entry into any class and competition is at the entrants own risk.
- Tampering with or vandalising any equipment will not be tolerated.
- Instructions from Show Stewards and signage must be obeyed.
All persons participating in activities on the Mirfield Show Ground, during the Mirfield Agricultural Show or attending as visitors do so entirely at their own risk and acknowledge that they will on entering any race or taking part in any game accept that The Mirfield Agricultural Show Society accepts no legal responsibility for any accidents or injuries that may occur. For these measures to be effective, everyone must take responsibility for their own behaviour and where appropriate that of their children and pets. The Mirfield Agricultural Show Society will take all reasonable precautions to ensure the health and safety of everyone attending the showground. All visitors and must take reasonable precautions to avoid and prevent accidents occurring and must obey the instructions of the organisers and officials. The Show officials reserve the right to refuse entry into the showground or any game or race if they feel that the person wishing to enter or take part is unfit to do so, or may in doing so be a danger to themselves or others. Breaking of any of these policies may result in the offenders being removed from the showground without right of re-entry and reimbursement.