Everything you need to know about visiting Mirfield Show on the day in one easy to view day guide – including running orders, how to get there and ticket prices.
Quick View Day Guide 2017
The Quick View Guide for 2017 will be posted here closer to the time.
Running Order 2016
|07:30||Domestic and Children’s Exhibits Open||Marquee|
|07:30||Flower & Vegetable Exhibit Entries Open & Info||Marquee|
|08:30||Showground Gates Open||Showground|
|08:30||Horse & Pony Show Starts||Main Ring|
|10:00||Exhibit Judging Begins||Marquee|
|10:30||Stalls & Attractions Open||Showground|
|10:50||Grand Horse Parade||Main Ring|
|11:00||Riding for the Disabled Association||Main Ring|
|11:30||Welly Wanging||School Grounds|
|11:45||ATC Marching Band||Main Ring|
|12:00||Pulse Music Stage Open||Bottom of Showground|
|12:00||Fun Dog Show Begins||School Grounds|
|12:00||Mini Olympics||School Grounds|
|12:00||Welcome Speech||Main Ring|
|12:10||Black Rock Llama Agility Display||Main Ring|
|12:40||Katie Philpott Dancers||Main Ring|
|13:00||Children’s Fancy Dress Competition||Main Ring|
|13:30||Red Devils Parachute Display||School Grounds|
|14:00||Domestic, Flower & Veg Presentations||Marquee|
|14:00||Tug-of-War Semis||Main Ring|
|14:20||Tripe & Chilli Eating||School Grounds|
|14:30||Banana Eating Competition||School Grounds|
|14:30||Rockwood Harriers Tribute||Main Ring|
|14:40||Sutton School of Performing Arts||Main Ring|
|15:00||Kids Race Finals & Presentations||Main Ring|
|15:00||Baby Show||School Grounds|
|15:30||Black Rock Llama Agility Display||Main Ring|
|16:00||ATC Marching Band||Main Ring|
|16:10||Tug of War Finals||Main Ring|
|16:30||Closing Speech||Main Ring|
|16:30||Clear Up Begins – All Welcome To Join In.|
Music Stage Running Order 2016
|11:30 – 12:00||John Hetherington|
|12:00 – 12:30||Yeli Williams|
|12:45 – 13:15||Jess Huxham|
|13:30 – 14:00||Jasmine Wilkinson|
|14:15 – 14:45||Phoenix|
|15:00 – 15:30||Alex Carlos|
|15:45 – 16:15||Elastic Waste|
|16:30 – 17:00||The Final Throes|
Times are subject to change – and the running order may run early or late. There will also be fun, games and some surprises from The Pulse team.
Tickets & Prices 2016
- Children (accompanied & under 16 years) – FREE
- Adult Advance Tickets – £3.50
- Adult Showday Tickets – £5.00 at the gate
- No Concessions
Dogs Welcome 2016
Dogs are welcome into the showground as long they are kept under control at all times and any mess cleaned up. Animals are not allowed in any marquee or enclosed area.
Showground Plan Guide 2016
Location & Getting There 2016
Showground: Mirfield Showground, Huddersfield Road (A644), Mirfield, Yorkshire, WF14 9NE
Park & Ride Car Park: Castle Hall Academy, Richard Thorpe Ave, Mirfield, Yorkshire WF14 9PH
Exhibitor Parking: Cricket Club, Huddersfield Road, Mirfield, West Yorkshire WF14 9DL
There is NO parking on Mirfield Showground – except for those vehicles issued with permits before the day. These permits must be clearly displayed in the windscreen to gain access via the vehicle gate from Huddersfield Road.
Free Mirfield Show Bus Service 2016
FREE Park & Ride Route : From Castle Hall School car park to Mirfield Showground Main Gates and back again – every 10 minutes from 10am to 4.40pm – subject to traffic conditions.
FREE Circular Bus Route :
From Mirfield Showground via Huddersfield Road, North Road, Shillbank Lane, Flash Lane, Dunbottle Lane, Greenside Road, Old Bank Road, Water Royd Lane, Knowl Road, Huddersfield Road to Mirfield Showground. (This service will observe all normal bus stops along the route). Bus provided by Dewsbury Bus Museum and unfortunately will not be accessible by wheelchairs or prams. Every hour from 10am to 4pm- subject to traffic conditions.
Regular Buses To Mirfield Centre 2016
- 202/203 – Huddersfield – Mirfield – Dewsbury – Tingley – White Rose Centre – Leeds
- 205 – Dewsbury – Mirfield
- 221 – Leeds – Morley – Batley – Heckmondwike – Mirfield
- 253 – Bradford – Gomersal – Cleckheaton – Mirfield – Dewsbury – Wakefield
- 262 – Huddersfield – Waterloo – Kirkheaton – Mirfield – Dewsbury
- 278 – Halifax – Elland – Brighouse – Mirfield – Dewsbury – Wakefield
Subject to change by local bus operators and sunday operating hours.
Regular Train Services To Mirfield Station 2016
- Leeds – Morley – Batley – Dewsbury – Mirfield
- Huddersfield – Deighton – Mirfield
- Manchester – Moston – Mills Hill – Castleton – Rochdale – Smithy Bridge – Littleborough – Hebden Bridge – Mytholmroyd – Sowerby Bridge – Brightouse – Mirfield
- Selby – South Milford – Micklefield – East Garforth – Garforth – Cross Gates – Leeds – Bramley – New Pudsey – Bradford – Halifax – Brighouse – Huddersfield – Deighton – Mirfield
- London – Doncaster – Pontefract – Wakefield – Mirfield
Subject to change by local train operators sunday operating hours.
Mirfield Based Taxis 2016
- Station Cars – 1 Station Road, Mirfield, West Yorkshire, WF14 8LN – 01924 490490
- Mirfield Cars – 28 Calder Road, Mirfield,West Yorkshire, wF14 8PJ – 01924 490999
- Mirfield Central Cars – Hopton New Road, Mirfield, West Yorkshire, WF14 8NF – 01924 490000
Competition Quick Links 2016
- DM Keith Skoda – Black Rock Llamas
- Stockeld Park – The Red Devils
- Floorings 4 you – Pinxton Puppets
- James Walker Properties – Brass Band
- Jewsons – Skips and facilities
- Malcolm Sandwith – Family Games and Children’s races
- Nest Photography – Baby Show
- Asda – Banana competition
- Charlotte’s Ice Cream Parlour – Creative writing
- Colin Watson – Birds of Prey
- Dusty Miller – Threshing Machine
- Grace Landscapes – Fruit and veg
- Mirfield Community Centre – Childrens domestics
- Mirfield Construction Ltd – Giant deck chair
- North Huddersfield Baby Sensory – Childrens Fancy Dress
- Orange Design Studio – Dog Show
- Ossett Brewery Taverns & Pun Co – Tug of War
- Tax Assist – Horse & Pony Show
- Westfields Nursery – Scarecrows
- Wilcock & Co – Archery
- “Have brush Will Travel” Painter and Decorator – Pigeon & Poultry Show
- Huddersfield Fanciers – Rabbit Show
- Sainsbury’s, Huddersfield Road – Under 5’s Soft Play Area
- Ramsden’s Butchers of Mirfield – Tripe Eating
For the collective good of all visitors, volunteers and animals – when purchasing a ticket to attend the Mirfield Show, or entering the showground on showday, members of the public do so on the understanding that the following policies must be followed:
- Children must be supervised at all times.
- Anti-social behaviour will not be tolerated.
- Smoking is not allowed in any marquee or enclosed area.
- Animals are not allowed in any marquee or enclosed area.
- Pets must be under control at all times, and any mess cleaned up.
- Loud noises are not permitted around the ring or other animals.
- Bikes or cycles are not allowed around the showground.
- Vehicles and bikes parked are done so at the owners risk.
- You are advised to you wash your hands after handling animals.
- Entry into any class and competition is at the entrants own risk.
- Tampering with or vandalising any equipment will not be tolerated.
- Instructions from Show Stewards and signage must be obeyed.
All persons participating in activities on the Mirfield Show Ground, during the Mirfield Agricultural Show or attending as visitors do so entirely at their own risk and acknowledge that they will on entering any race or taking part in any game accept that The Mirfield Agricultural Show Society accepts no legal responsibility for any accidents or injuries that may occur. For these measures to be effective, everyone must take responsibility for their own behaviour and where appropriate that of their children and pets. The Mirfield Agricultural Show Society will take all reasonable precautions to ensure the health and safety of everyone attending the showground. All visitors and must take reasonable precautions to avoid and prevent accidents occurring and must obey the instructions of the organisers and officials. The Show officials reserve the right to refuse entry into the showground or any game or race if they feel that the person wishing to enter or take part is unfit to do so, or may in doing so be a danger to themselves or others. Breaking of any of these policies may result in the offenders being removed from the showground without right of re-entry and reimbursement.